Batch File Rename Version History
Batch File Rename Main Page
Batch File Rename 2.4.2 (05/02/2013)
- Now when the user attempts to rename files by trimming characters from the end of a filename, they are given the option to trim off the file extension, or to trim the characters that come before the extension.
Batch File Rename 2.4.1 (10/02/2012)
- Added Code Signing for ease of installation on Mountain Lion (10.8) systems
- Changed icon format for Retina displays
Batch File Rename 2.4.0 (02/21/2012)
- Added UpperCase + LowerCase feature
- Added links to help items directly from app.
Batch File Rename 2.3.9 (02/09/2012)
- Added option to sort by position in finder window instead of alpha numerically.
Batch File Rename 2.3.8 (01/25/2012)
- Improved Replace Entire Name Feature
Batch File Rename 2.3.7 (01/20/2012)
- Changed the Replace Entire Name Feature so the user can also use it to simply serialize the files. To use the Replace Entire Name feature to just serialize file names, simply leave the New Name field blank. Then, at the next prompt, enter the serial number you want to begin with. You also have the option to start with zero (0) now, which will rename the first file with no dash or number.
Batch File Rename 2.3.6 (10/27/2011)
- Changed how Mac Batch File Rename handles text files when using the "Rename According to Text File" feature. Now, Batch File Rename will look for all possible new line characters (carriage return, line feed, and any combination of the two)
Batch File Rename 2.3.5 (08/31/2011)
- Feature Request: Users can now specify the serial number to start with when using the "Replace Entire Name" Feature.
Batch File Rename 2.3.4 (05/06/2011)
- Minor Bug Fix for Tiger Users - Play sound at end now works
Batch File Rename 2.3.3 (05/03/2011)
- Fixed a bug with the Serialize Feature
Batch File Rename 2.3.2 (03/20/2011)
- Significantly improved speed of File Name Sorting (File Name sorting occurs in File Renaming procedures like rename according to text file)
- Updated Versioning Numbers to match Apple Store versioning standards.
Batch File Rename 2.2
- Added feature to change filename case (uppercase/lowercase).
Batch File Rename 2.1
- Added Progress indicator
- Added more detailed renaming feedback in the case of errors, duplicate file names, etc.
Batch File Rename 2.0
- Added Preference pane: Now the user has the option to bypass the start options, and use Batch File Rename as a dedicated droplet. Of course, the options can still be accessed and reset by double clicking on the application.
Batch File Rename 1.9
- Added Rename Entire File Feature.
Batch File Rename 1.8
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Improvements for Snow Leopard (Finder on Snow Leopard is sometimes slow to refresh / update the windows. Batch File Rename will now automatically force-refresh the window for users on Leopard and Snow Leopard. This behavior does not occur for users of Tiger.
Batch File Rename 1.7
- Added replace-text globally feature.
Batch File Rename 1.6
- Increased compatibility with older OSXs (Panther and earlier).
Batch File Rename 1.5
- Added a window Refresh Step (addresses an issue in Leopard).
Batch File Rename 1.4
Batch File Rename 1.3
- Even Faster Batch File Renaming Engine, Default Buttons.
Batch File Rename 1.2
- Minor Bug Fixes, Faster execution.
Batch File Rename 1.0
Batch File Rename Main Page