Zip Mac Files For PC Version History
Zip Mac Files For PC Main Page
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.1.2 (10/18/2014)
- Fixed issue where the option to password protect zip files may not have been displayed on all versions of Mac OSX.
- Ready for Yosemite
- V2 Codesigning
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.1.1 (07/18/2014)
- Fixed bug where spaces and dashes in file name could result in loss of folder structure
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.1.0 (10/08/2013)
- Fixed a bug where the save panel would not show if a user tried to run a second pass of zipping files using the same settings
- Zip Files 4 PC now gives the user the option of preserving directory structure in the resulting zip file.
- Fixed bug where if a user happened to have files with the same names within sub folders and they were also trying to flatten the zip file, they would have received a cryptic error message. Now, the app preserves the directory structure, and produces a human-readable error dialog explaining how to fix the problem if necessary.
- More detailed warning in Password Protection Dialog for versions of OSX older than 10.7.
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.0.9 (04/21/2013)
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.0.8 (02/22/2013)
- Zip Files 4 PC now has a feature where you can create individual zip files for each loaded file
- Minor bug fixes
- Fixed a bug where if user selected to use a password, and then later unchecked the box - a password would still be applied.
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.0.7 (12/11/2012)
- Zip Files 4 PC now remembers your previously saved settings.
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.0.6 (10/01/2012)
- Added code signing for ease of installation on Mountain Lion (10.8) systems.
- Changed icon format for use with Retina display.
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.0.5 (04/09/2012)
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.0.4 (09/01/2011)
- Feature Request: Added Feature where users can now create zip files with resource forks preserved. This will produce a zip file with the hidden files, but rather than sequester the zip files into the __MACOSX folder like Apples built in compression tool, ZipFiles4PC will leave them in their respective folders.
- Added ability to select (and remove) all, or some of the items in the table. To remove items, select the ones you want to remove, and then click the minus sign at the bottom right hand corner of the table
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.0.3 (07/06/2011)
- Updated for compatibility with Lion (10.7)
- Password protect feature warnings removed when running on Lion - this is because Lion will natively open password protected zip files!
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.0.2 (06/21/2011)
- Added a menu item so that users can reset any warnings that they had previously checked off as "Do not warn me again."
Zip Mac Files For PC 2.0.1 (06/08/2011)
- Added Password Protect Feature. Please note: You will need special software to unzip password protected files on your mac! On a PC, these files will open natively once the correct password is entered
Zip Mac Files For PC 1.9
- Added Checkbox to exclude ALL hidden files. Now, instead of just excluding .DS_Store and __Mac_OSX, the zip mac files for PC program will now exclude ALL hidden files if this option is selected.
Zip Mac Files For PC 1.8
- New Default Zip File Naming. The program now removes any characters from file and folder names (contained within the zip file) that are considered to be illegal on a PC. For example, a Mac will allow you to use a forward slash in the file name, but on a PC, that character is reserved by the system (to delimit directories). The program will fix any of these characters so that they will not confound PC users. when they go to unzip the file.
Zip Mac Files For PC 1.7
- Added ability to zip multiple folders and files. Now, nested folders will be zipped when creating a zip file on your mac. The folder hiearchy will be preserved.
Zip Mac Files For PC 1.6
- Added Save Location Options; Now you can specify the location to which the Zip file is saved on your mac.
Zip Mac Files For PC 1.5
- New GUI (previously, this program was strictly a droplet).
Zip Mac Files For PC 1.0
Zip Mac Files For PC Main Page