Shift Duathlon Times

A place for the community to help each other out with getting the most out of the Add Time Stamps to FIT, TCX, or GPX Files Tool.
Univac1710

Shift Duathlon Times

Post by Univac1710 »

Good morning,
My wife ran a Duathlon (run, bike, run) the other day and her Garmin did not split the events properly. I tried to shift the start/finish times to the correct time based upon her chip time. When I try to change the end times to the actual time I get prompted to use the Time Shift function. I have tried using the Time Shift function but it loops back upon itself.
r/
J
fulmar2
Site Admin

Re: Shift Duathlon Times

Post by fulmar2 »

The time shift tool (part of the add time stamp tool) is designed to time shift an entire activity. The trim tool (where you were trying first) is designed to trim an entire activity. The only way you could do what you are trying is to split the activity into parts, shift them independently, and then merge the shifter files later.

I am confused about what you are describing about the tool looping back on itself. Maybe you can contact me directly with screen shots.
Univac1710

Re: Shift Duathlon Times

Post by Univac1710 »

Thank you for the reply. My wife decided to leave the results stay as they are in Garmin. I was able to combine all three .fit files with your app and then use Garmin to modify the new uploaded file as a multi sport event. I then had to build each segment using her chip time which also included transition times. After all that, she was not happy with the difference between Garmin and chip times. If I ever have to do this again I will definitely use the tools you created. Much appreciated.
R/John