Tool is runnig again - now with the Garmin API

A place for the community to help each other out with getting the most out of the Transfer Activities from Garmin Connect To Strava Tool.
fulmar2
Site Admin

Tool is runnig again - now with the Garmin API

Post by fulmar2 »

The tool was down for one month again.. from late September 2023 to late October 2023. Now it is fixed. The hope is that the new fix should work long term.

Version 2.6 (10/27/2023)

• This tool is back! It should be better than ever now because I am using the actual Garmin API instead of the work-around methods that were previously employed.
• Log in happens directly on Garmin's site. This means you no longer have to share your Garmin password with GOTOES.
• GOTOES can only see activities loaded AFTER you give permission... so your table will be blank after you connect - until you upload an activity to Garmin.
• Because we are using the official Garmin API, I am no longer worried about getting GOTOES banned. This means I removed the rate-limits AND I also opened it to all users for free (not just limited to donors anymore). You should still consider donating if you like this tool, though, because it took me over 60 hours to get this working again!!!
• Fixed an issue where if a user selected to transfer multiple files at a time, and tried to click the link within the iframe to go to the activity, they would get a security message from Firefox. Now, the link opens in the parent window, meaning no security issues