Time stamp gives me KOM for short uphill segment no matter how slow the average speed

A place for the community to help each other out with getting the most out of the Add Time Stamps to FIT, TCX, or GPX Files Tool.
Pgd

Time stamp gives me KOM for short uphill segment no matter how slow the average speed

Post by Pgd »

Hi there,
Firstly, many thanks for developing these tools, and for being honest about their upsides and downsides.
I am currently trying to recreate a ride from last year which my phone failed to record, by exporting a GPS trace from Komoot route planner. The trace looks fine in a GPS viewer. However, no matter what options I select, there is a short, sharp uphill gravel segment for which my apparent speed is way in excess of my capabilities, so that I get the Strava KOM. Even if I reduce my overall speed down to 1mph, I'm still in the top-10 times for that segment (at ~12mph)! Other segments all seem to be OK as far as I can tell.
Many thanks in advance for any advice!
fulmar2
Site Admin

Re: Time stamp gives me KOM for short uphill segment no matter how slow the average speed

Post by fulmar2 »

Have you tried using the “interpolate track” option to “clean up” your track before feeding it to the timestamp tool? If there is too big of a gap between points, it could give an error. Also, you need to have elevation in the track to use the bike/run speed modifications.