Turns my trips into round trips

A place for the community to help each other out with getting the most out of the Add Time Stamps to FIT, TCX, or GPX Files Tool.
leifneve

Turns my trips into round trips

Post by leifneve »

I'm trying to add timestamps to a GPX file, but when I load the file into GOTOES it appears to make my one-way route into a round-trip one by adding a direct line between the two endpoints. I can see this when I click on "Edit Endpoints". It's further confirmed when I load the saved GOTOES GPX file into Strava and Strava tells me my trip was twice as far as it was! How can I tell GOTOES not to turn my one-way route into a round-trip?
fulmar2
Site Admin

Re: Turns my trips into round trips

Post by fulmar2 »

Could you please check your source file first? I suspect that the issue is in the source, as I’ve never encountered this before. You can upload your source file to this forum for inspection if you think that the file is OK, and the problem is with the tool.

Also, when you say you click on “edit endpoints” you are talking about the blue “edit points” button? If so, scroll to either the top or the bottom and delete the (probably one) offending point. That will also fix it. But I’m pretty sure that the root of the problem is that your source file has a duplicate point at the start of the activity.