Error on "ConnectIQ (added)"

A place for the community to help each other out with getting the most out of the Combine FIT, GPX or TCX files for Strava Upload Tool.
duckling

Error on "ConnectIQ (added)"

Post by duckling »

Hallo,
I'v upload two fit files data produced by a Garmin Forerunner 735XT using the Hiking activity. Whenever I check the button Connect IQI received a messagbox "No Developer Data found in file: 3306994899491466_1" as shown in the figure
Message Box Error
Message Box Error
Could you explain what does it mean and what I can do to avoid such an error ?
Thanks in advance
fulmar2
Site Admin

Re: Error on "ConnectIQ (added)"

Post by fulmar2 »

Hi there -

It’s not really an error. It simply means that your file doesn’t have any of the special ConnectIQ fields present.
fulmar2
Site Admin

Re: Error on "ConnectIQ (added)"

Post by fulmar2 »

I wanted to add to this thread because another user got this same error message and was confused about the difference between "Connect IQ" fields and "Garmin Native Fields." Garmin Native fields will not be identified as "Connect IQ" fields, and there is a different way to get those to be processed by the tool (which is to check the box as shown in the image below):

Check This Box to get the extra Garmin Fields!
Check This Box to get the extra Garmin Fields!

For a full discussion on what is going on in this situation, please read my reply to this post here. That reply explains in detail the difference between these two data sets and should hopefully help users avoid future confusion.