specify type of activity when sending

A place for the community to help each other out with getting the most out of the Upload to Strava via eMail Tool.
oosterhagen

specify type of activity when sending

Post by oosterhagen »

Is there a possibility to specify the type of activity while sending via email?

I row and every time I have to change the activity type in Strava for an uploaded training which was sent by this (otherwise wonderful) service. It would be nice if one can set a default setting for this.
fulmar2
Site Admin

Re: specify type of activity when sending

Post by fulmar2 »

I might be able to do this. Probably the best way would be to read the activity type out of the original file. If your device produces a FIT file, that information is already encoded in the actual file. If you upload a test FIT file to this forum, I may be able to pull the activity type out of that file and then apply it after the upload is complete.
fulmar2
Site Admin

Post by fulmar2 »

Good news! I added this feature today. In the subject line of your activity, it detects “ row “ or “rowing” or bike, run, running, etc. Hope that helps!
GotoesUser

Post by GotoesUser »

I read in the forum that if I put 'row' in the subject field of the email then the activity will automatically be saved as a 'Rowing' activity instead of a 'workout'? I tried that but it didn't work. Rowing works….but Row doesn’t
fulmar2
Site Admin

Post by fulmar2 »

Can you try “row” without the semicolon? It needs to be “ row “ (notice the spaces). The reason for that is because say you had the word “Arrow” in your title… then it would detect that as “row”. Since many different types of users use this tool, I wanted to make sure that the person really meant rowing. You put “Row:” and that doesn’t have a space on either side. Hope that helps explain the mystery!