Manual Transfer from Garmin Connect to Strava Tool - IMPROVED!

A place for the community to help each other out with getting the most out of the Transfer Activities from Garmin Connect To Strava Tool.
fulmar2
Site Admin

Manual Transfer from Garmin Connect to Strava Tool - IMPROVED!

Post by fulmar2 »

Hey guys -
On May 3, 2024, I released the latest version of the Garmin->Strava tool. I've made a number of improvements, but a big one is that now the files are copied to the GOTOES server, and stay there for 14 days in a secure location. Previously, the files would never be transferred to GOTOES, and Garmin expires the authorization after about 12-24 hours... so if you saved an activity on Garmin and didn't make it to GOTOES in time... the transfer option would be gone.

In order to make this all work, you need to first create an account on GOTOES. Once you have an account setup, you will see an option to connect your Garmin Account to GOTOES. Follow the steps on Garmin's site. After you make the connection, any activities that are sent to Garmin will also appear in GOTOES.

I've added additional stats because with the API, I'm now able to retrieve more information about the activities from Garmin. Also, the tool can now receive GPX, TCX, and FIT files directly from Garmin.

Now that this connectivity is much more stable, my hope for the future is to add additional functionality - even automated processing (repair) of files that can occur without you having to log into GOTOES. Feature requests and suggestions are welcome in the comments below.